2018/19 Academy registration will open online Thursday February 1 2018!
For all students interested in applying for Dunsmuir’s Dance Academy 6, 7 or 8 for next year:
1. A Dunsmuir Dance Academy Information Night will be held at Dunsmuir School on Tuesday, Jan.30th at 6:00pm in the school gym. This information session is intended for all new Dance Academy applicants/families. Current Academy members need not attend the information meeting.
2. All applicants will need to register online (even if your child is already registered in Dance Academy for the current school year). Registration starts ONLINE on Thursday February 1 2018.
3. NEW THIS YEAR!!! – ALL STUDENTS, including those already registered in Dance Academy for the current year, will also be required to submit an application package to the DMS office, no later than Friday MARCH 9th. Application packages will be available to pick up from the school office, the dance studio, the school website, the DMS Dance Academy website and the District Academies office starting on January 30. Application packages will also be available at the Parent Information Meeting on January 30th. The submission of the required application documents does not guarantee registration for the Dance Academy until official acceptance and confirmation has been provided via email after March 12th. Students will be considered for entry into the Academy program based on the strength of their application package. The strength of applicants will be measured based on the following criteria:
- Application package completion along with all required documents:
- Dancer Statement Form
- Teacher Reference Form
- Community Reference Form
- Report Card Review of attendance history ,work habits & behavior.
- Interview (if necessary).
4. Dance Academy 6,7 & 8 will, again, be offered three days a week for the 2018/19 school year.
5. Class size for Dance Academy will be set at 28 students per grade for the 2018/19 school year.
If you have any further questions, please contact Dance Academy Director: Danica Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit Mrs. Anderson’s Academy Website as listed below.
For information on our Soccer Academy please see the
Soccer Academy Page