Please bring your empty Percept bottles to the table outside of the office, so our custodial team can refill them. We are noticing alot of bottles have been left in the classrooms.
This Sunday, June 26th at the Pride Parade in downtown Victoria. Sooke School District will be participating and if you want to join the District people marching in the parade, please see Ms. Wilson Burke in Portable 5 this week at lunch for information.
- A reminder to all band and choir students that you are meeting in the gym at 1:26 pm today for the dress rehearsal for tonight’s concert. Please have your instrument and music. Leave instrument cases in the music room.
- This week all grade 8’s are allowed inside the gym and the multi purpose room at lunch.
- All others are to remain outside the school.
Today is National Indigenous Peoples Day. June 21 is a day for all Canadians to recognize and celebrate the unique heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding contributions of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Hello Dunsmuir families,
Please see below for some information/details for the final couple of weeks of school.
- June 28- this will be final day of regular instruction, students will clean out their lockers and take home all of their belongings. Students should be sure to bring their backpacks to school so as they can transport all of their belongings home at the end of the day.
- June 29- school will be ‘in session’ however, this day is dedicated to the final cleaning out classrooms and the moving of furniture. There will not be regular instructional activities on this day. All Summaries of Progress will be accessible online.
**we had a great Grade 8 celebration last week. It was nice to see such a high proportion of students attending. It was the most to date. Thank you to all of our organizing staff for volunteering their time to plan and supervise this event for our grade 8s. It was a successful evening.
We will send out another communication this Wednesday but wanted to get the details above out sooner.
Thank you and have a great week.
Dunsmuir Middle School
3341 Painter Rd,
250 478 5548
In 1782, Congress approved the Great Seal of the United States, featuring the emblem of the bald eagle. In 1837, Queen Victoria acceded to the British throne following the death of her uncle, King William IV. In 1863, West Virginia became the 35th state It is also NATIONAL VANILLA MILKSHAKE DAY
All star week is this week if you want to be in the Dunsmuir daily come see Mr.Bedard for more information
Great Season all 😉
Celebration lunch with Coaches Wednesday, June 22nd during Lunches A & B.
NOTE: Lunch will be Tuesday (Tomorrow!) in Lunches A & B for track students in Mr. Jacobson’s, Ms. Cook’s, Mr. Treloar’s, Ms. Stewart’s and Ms. Caldwell’s classes, as they will be away Wednesday. (And for Ms. Stewart & Ms. Caldwell!)