- We acknowledge the traditional territories of the Coast Salish, specifically Esquimalt Nation and Songhees Nation on which the school is built;
- as well as working with; Beecher Bay, Scia’new Nation, T’Sou-ke Nation and Nuu-cha-nulth Pacheedaht Nation to the west. We thank them for sharing this beautiful land.
- Hych’ka Kleco Kleco
This week the Grade 8’s have access to the Gym and the Multi-Purpose room.
All other students are outside.
Remember there is Road Hockey on the Bus Lane.
Any grade 8 girls who are interested in playing school volleyball this year please sign up on the sign up sheet outside the gym TODAY. We will have a practice on Wednesday after school from 3:15-4:45. You must wear PE strip to participate. Contact Mrs. Stewart or Ms. Caldwell if you have any questions.
The music room will be closed during both lunch periods this week. Students are encouraged to practice at home, before school, or after school. The music room may reopen again on Friday at lunch.
The Door decorating contest has begun! Does your class have what it takes to make the best holiday door design Dunsmuir has ever seen?!
Yearbooks are currently on sale for $40. You can purchase them in the school cash online system. We sell out every year. Don’t miss your chance to get one!
We are having a yearbook cover contest again this year. It doesn’t have to be dragon themed. It can be anything to do with Dunsmuir or school in general. Entries must be on 8.5 x 11 white paper and be very crisp and clear. Do not fold. Deliver to Mrs. Stewart in room 203. Deadline January 15th.
We also have another contest where you can draw a staff member here at DMS. Those entries can be cartoon or realistic. They must be respectful. They also need to be on 8.5 x 11 white paper and be very crisp and clear.
- Waiting area in green only
- Stay there until bus number is called
- No pushing, shoving, or crowding (Social Distancing applies)
- When your Bus # is called, line up 2 X 2, spaced out, and in front of cones by your bus.
- The bus driver will NOT open the doors until it is “Calm, Cool and Collected”
- Board bus calmly and slowly
We had to close the Zipline a few weeks back because of a number of injuries that occurred.
We have been MUCH better since!
Please remember be safe, no pushing, no “big” momentum, 1 at a time, take care of one another, and let’s get back to safety first.
If problematic again = closed again
Today is Math Mondays with rainbow!!!!!
Riddle: there’s a one-story house in which everything is yellow. yellow walls, yellow doors, yellow furniture. what color are the stairs?
Classes, you have until December 14th to decorate your doors! Teachers, check your emails for more information. There is a prize for each grade awarded at our holiday assembly on December 17th.